INFLUENCE

It might seem absurd but I think it is entirely possible to enthusiastically fall in love with a photograph. On the other hand, I have been a lifelong lover of fashion photography – its symbols and influence, its unique ability to offer a spectacle unlike any others. I believe that fashion photography is an art privileged in historical accounts of visual culture. This is undoubtedly a rather “serious” statement to make. I’m even laughing myself at this gripping sentence as I’m not normally too keen on complex brain-twisting puzzles. Maybe this post will be celebrated with an academic award? Hilarious. Anyway, what I like about my blog is that I don’t have to justify my choices or thoughts! And I suspect that if you’ve been reading July Stars for a while you will have noticed that photography, notably fashion photography, is my chosen patch.
The first time I saw this visual taken by David Seidner for Yves Saint Laurent, it felt like something of a revelation: stripping away superfluous effects, Seidner uses his signature technique of taking a portrait from above to create a sophisticated and intensely harmonious composition. The colours and graphic quality of the work successfully establish a connection with paintings and is the best advertisement for his skills. It is a bold and exciting creation, methodically developed and mythical. Ultimately, I think that it is the calm aesthetic and quality of the colours that seduced me the most and I would argue that even with the passing of time it is still very much a modern image, capable of lingering in your mind for many years.

Image courtesy of the International Center of Photography
David Seidner 1983


Picture 2

5 comments:

Gisela said...

I very much share your enthusiasm for incredible pictures. You make great selections..I've began following your blog and added you to my blog list..would love for you to visit sometime!
-Gisela
www.heightsoffashion.typepad.com

Paperface said...

Your passion is undeniable. You live for this, and I think that's beautiful.

laurakitty said...

It helps that the clothes are gorgeous! Yves was a master of colour and volume, and it is great to see them captured so vividly.

sa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛

dinoibo said...

Sesli sohbet Sesli chat
Seslisohbet Seslichat
Sesli sohbet siteleri Sesli chat siteleri
Sesli Chat
Sohbet Sesli siteler
Sohbet siteleri Chat siteleri
Sohbet merkezi chat merkezi
Sesli merkezi sesli Sohbet merkezi
Sesli chat merkezi Sohbetmerkezi
Sesli Sohbet Sesli Chat
SesliSohbet Sesli chat siteleri
Sesli sohbet siteleri SesliChat
Sesli Sesli siteler
Seslimuhabbet sesli muhabbet
sesli sohbet sesli chat siteleri
sesli sohbet siteleri sesli chat
seslisohbet seslichat
seslikent sesli kent
sesli sohbet sesli sohbet siteleri
sesli chat sesli chat siteleri
seslisohbet seslichat