Graham Little, fashion begins with drawings

It was my husband's birthday and I had just started looking for the perfect present.
Even though Mat ended up with something entirely different (a photograph), I haven't stopped thinking about Graham Little since I first saw his work in July while researching ideas. Although he doesn't seem to be the most widely talked about subject on the Internet, his drawings must have won him a gaggle of disciples. It's impossible not to fall in love with his work. I mean honestly. He is the best contemporary artist I've come across in a long time! I'm still struggling to understand why I wasn't able to find any informative essays about him or interviews. So little information available and yet his images are vertiginously beautiful.
His seems to make frequent references to Balthus, pre-raphaelite aesthetics, fashion magazines and in particular the eighties. His work hasn't been much in evidence in England recently and I would welcome the chance to see the drawings with my own eyes. Slightly mysterious, emotional, poetic and hypnotic, they're skilfully detailed masterpieces showing a great sensitivity to colours, texture and composition.
Nothing could deter me from acquiring one of his pieces... apart from the price!

Image of the Daffodil Shoe Lady courtesy of Graham Little

DAFFODIL SHOE LADY, 2010

2 comments:

Night at Vogue said...

Beautiful picture!

Brandy Shaloo said...

what a breathtaking picture! so beautiful!